November 9, 2010

Fall Decorating

My two favorite items to decorate every holiday are my mantel, which I purposely hung an empty frame over so that I could transform it to whatever I want, and my branch frame that Oscar and I made this summer.

Last year Sweet Paul made a pine cone swag for Country Living's November issue and I loved it so much that I book marked it for this fall.

My version of Sweet Paul's pine cone swag. So simple yet so pretty.



And the mantel, inspired by the pine cones.



 

My branch art adorned with two garlands. I found the "give thanks" font and the template for the acorns and leaves online. I did have to minimize the leaves and acorns down to 50% before printing my template. I used old scraps of felt and sewing thread for the garland.

The great thing about these decorations, like my Halloween decorations, they cost me close to nothing. 

Cinnamon scented pine cones- $2.99 at Joann Fabrics
Cranberry colored ribbon- $3.49 at Joann Fabrics
Give Thanks garland- paper I already had
Acorns & leaves garland- felt scraps from the craft bin
Leaves on the mantel- old leaf swag from previous years
Pumpkins & gourds- old from previous years
Candles- used from Halloween decorations
Total cost- $6.48

Another decorating bargain- Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment